When you report to the courthouse for jury duty, here are some tips for your visit:
- You must show a photo ID to enter the courthouse. You must pass through courthouse security.
- Do not bring cell phones, cameras, recording devices, or other electronic devices (such as MP3 players).
- No weapons of any type, drugs or other illegal items are allowed.
- Bring your summons and provide it to the jury administrator when you are checking in.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions about your jury service.
- If you need to be excused or deferred to another time, be sure submit your request BEFORE you are to report. Once you report, only the judge can excuse you during the jury selection process