You are here

Correcting Errors in Documents

Once a document is submitted in CM/ECF, it becomes the official record of the court.  If a document is filed and then you discover a problem with the document (typographical error, missing pages, incorrect version attached, etc.) the proper way to correct the error is to file a motion to amend/correct the document and attach a copy of the corrected document to the entry, in accordance with D. Kan. 15.1.  If the parties agree, it may be acceptable to file an amended/corrected version of the document without filing a motion.  The amended/corrected document will be a separate entry on the docket and will not be attached to the original entry.  Any deadlines triggered by the filing of the document containing the error would run from the filing of the original document unless otherwise directed by the court.