The Judicial Conference of the United States authorized the appointment of a United States Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, District of Kansas at Wichita, Kansas. For additional details, see the Public Notice of Magistrate Judge Vacancy and the Order Appointing the Merit Selection Panel.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD WILL CLOSE JANUARY 31, 2023. THE ANTICIPATED START DATE IS AUGUST 2023.
- Applicable regulations governing Magistrate Judge positions may be found in the Handbook on Selection and Appointment of United States Magistrate Judges.
- United States Magistrate Judges are subject to the Code of Conduct for United States Judges.
- The court will hosted an informational webinar on January 5, 2023.
- You may view a recording of the webinar here.
- Topics covered:
- Magistrate Judge Duties
- Salary and Benefits of a Magistrate Judge
- Recruitment/Reappointment Process
- Question and Answer Session
NOTE ON APPLYING