(a) In General. As authorized by Fed. R. Civ. P. 5(d)(3), the court will accept for filing all documents submitted, signed, or verified by electronic means that comply with procedures established by the court.
(b) Electronic Filing Requirement.All civil cases are assigned to the Electronic Filing System unless the court orders otherwise. All petitions, motions, memoranda of law, or other pleadings and documents filed in a case assigned to the Electronic Filing System must be filed electronically unless:
(1) otherwise permitted in these rules; or
(2) otherwise permitted in the administrative procedures guide;
(3) unless otherwise authorized by the court.
(c) Administrative Procedures Guide. The Administrative procedures guide — authorized by D. Kan. Rule 5.4.13 — governs the filing of initial papers, including the complaint, and the issuance and service of the summons.
(d) Cases Pending on March 3, 2003.
All civil cases that were pending on March 3, 2003, have a two-part file consisting of:
(1) a conventional paper file containing documents filed before March 3, 2003; and
(2) an electronic file containing documents filed on or after March 3, 2003.
* * *