Pursuant to D. Kan. Rule 83.1.2(a) it is ORDERED that all persons placed on probation or supervised release by any judge or magistrate judge of this district, in addition to any special conditions ordered by the judge or magistrate judge, shall comply with the following conditions of probation or supervised release:
1. The person shall not commit another federal, state, or local crime during the term of supervision;
2. The person shall not leave the judicial district or other specified geographic area without the permission of the court or probation officer;
3. The person shall report to the probation officer as directed by the court or probation officer, and shall submit a truthful and complete written report within the first five days of each month;
4. The person shall answer truthfully all inquiries by the probation officer and follow the instructions of the probation officer;
5. The person shall support his or her dependents and meet other family responsibilities;
6. The person shall work regularly at a lawful occupation unless excused by the probation officer for schooling, training, or other acceptable reasons;
7. The person shall notify the probation officer within 72 hours of any change in residence or employment;
8. The person shall refrain from excessive use of alcohol and shall not purchase, possess, use, distribute, or administer any narcotic or other controlled substance, or any paraphernalia related to such substances, except as prescribed by a physician;
9. The person shall not frequent places where controlled substances are illegally sold, used, distributed, or administer any narcotic or other controlled substance, or any paraphernalia related to such substances, except as prescribed by a physician;
10. The person shall not associate with any persons engaged in criminal activity, and shall not associate with any person convicted of a felony unless granted permission to do so by the probation officer;
11. The person shall permit a probation officer to visit at any time at home or elsewhere and shall permit confiscation of any contraband observed in plain view by the probation officer;
12. The person shall notify the probation officer within 72 hours of being arrested or questioned by a law enforcement officer;
13. The person shall not enter into any agreement to act as an informer or a special agent of a law enforcement agency without the permission of the court;
14. As directed by the probation officer, the person shall notify third parties of risks that may be occasioned by his or her criminal record or personal history or characteristics, and shall permit the probation officer to make such notification and to confirm his or her compliance with such notification requirement.
This Standing Order shall become effective on the date of its adoption and shall remain in effect until the further order of the court.
Adopted January 19, 1988.